Enjoy!! It definitely needs fresh toppings before serving though such as diced tomato some black olives lettuce and/or fresh diced onion. We tasted it before that and it is great as-is. This tasty Mexican meal is made with Instant Pot … Stir and mix in seasonings. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add a tossed green salad and you've got a well-rounded meal! Sour cream & cream of chicken soup is the quick creamy topping. Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Remove from heat. The only thing I did different was add a little cream cheese to the filling for the kiddo. These Cheesy Beef Enchiladas Verde are a delicious take on traditional enchiladas. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. Thank you for sharing your recipe. Browned in oven. I swapped out the cheddar for a blend: Monterey Jack, Cheddar, Queso Quesadilla & Asadero cheeses. Stir taco seasoning mix into the beef; transfer to a large bowl, reserving drippings in the skillet. These were delicious! Even my picky eaters gave it a thumbs up. It did make a lot of enchiladas--I think I actually used 15 tortillas. We tasted it before that and it is great as-is. Good thing its wrapped in tortillas. © Copyright 2021, 15 Instant Pot Recipes to Power You Through Whole30, 20 Meatless Monday Ideas That Everyone Will Love, 14 Hearty, Comfort Food Casseroles Starring Winter Squash, Our 25 Best Hot and Cheesy Dips Got Serious Game, 25 Beloved Bread Recipes From Grandma's Kitchen, 10 Banana Bundt Cakes to Make with Excess Bananas, The Best Comfort Foods to Get You Through Flu Season, 12 Recipes to Turn Extra Chicken into Healthy Main Dish Salads, 12 Vegetable-Friendly Side Dishes for the Mediterranean Diet, 19 Hearty Meatless Soups and Stews To Keep You Warm This Winter, 10 Vegan Bowls Packed with Veggies and Grains, 20 Recipes for the Super Bowl for Two People, Nutrition Cook, stirring often, until liquid is absorbed. This is a keeper! I really didn't know what to expect with this recipe, but it was good! Made 2 pans of 9 enchiladas, one for dinner and one for the freezer, enjoyed by my family and I liked it used ingredients I had, I will add spinach next time as I think it would be great with the chicken. Thank you for sharing! You saved Creamy Beef Enchiladas to your. The filling is awesome. This recipe is a keeper! I think that for my taste the filling was too busy (too much going on between the tastes of the rice beans meat and cottage cheese). I added whole kernal corn to really bulk it up and about half cup additional cheese. Seasoned beef tossed with a creamy salsa verde enchilada sauce is stuffed into tortillas, topped with … The only big change was black beans instead of refried beans. That being the case, I wanted to share what I like to do with this recipe! I will make these again. I doubled the recipe and divided into smaller pans to freeze for a quick meal for later. Add onion and green pepper, cook until tender. Stuffed with seasoned ground beef and cheese, smothered with a delicious sour cream sauce, topped with more cheese and baked to perfection. I am a fraternity chef so I cook in large quantities. ----> Edit to add: This recipe does make enough filling to create another pan for the freezer. I make it slightly different each time with one or all of these changes. I slow cooked a shoulder pork roast and a slow cooker chicken the last two times. 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened, 1 cup shredded pepperjack cheese, divided. Add 5 to 10 minutes to baking time. Sometimes I add a can of chilies and sometimes I use "hot" taco seasoning. I did add a can of black beans. Yummy! I'm almost sorry I found this recipe. Combine sour cream and cottage cheese, salt and pepper to ... and drained ground beef.Top each with strip ... cream mixture with enchilada sauce. This was great!! I had a small container of left-over flavored rice so I used it instead of white rice. I really didn't know what to expect with this recipe, but it was good! Fill and roll tortillas. You saved Creamy Cheddar Beef Enchiladas to your. Spoon even amounts of the beef mixture in a line down the center of each tortilla. When I got married, my family put together a cookbook for me with all of the favorite family recipes. Baking time is just a little longer. I filled each tortilla with a generous half-cup of filling each and was able to get 6 enchiladas in a pan both nights I made this. I will experiment with it a little going forward. Stir taco seasoning mix into the beef; transfer to a large bowl, … I froze some of the meat and sauce for mac & cheese night to make an Enchilada Mac & Cheese. Ground Beef and Green Chili Enchiladas. We had a bit extra and used it for burritos the next day. All in all it was good and my family enjoyed it. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). ), and always I use corn tortillas. These easy beef enchiladas are made with ground beef and your favorite red sauce for a simple meal with minimal steps. May not be a favorite for those who aren't fans of sour cream, but we really enjoyed it!! In 10-inch nonstick skillet, cook beef over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thoroughly cooked; drain. Quick and tasty! Next time I will not put in the refried beans but serve them as a side dish. Gently stir in rice. My whole family loved it even those who don't like this type of food. Pour … Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Cook ground beef; strain fat. Preheat oven to 350°F. Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. Bake in the preheated oven until the cheese topping is melted and the filling is hot, 20 to 25 minutes. Place the filled tortillas, seam-side … Only because I have it on hand more than beef. Stir in 1/2 cup of the enchilada sauce and the chiles. I didn't have scallions which would have been wonderful but I added some cans of chopped Mexica Chilis along with Rotel tomatoes with. Made 2 pans of 9 enchiladas, one for dinner and one for the freezer, enjoyed by my family and I liked it used ingredients I had, I will add spinach next time as I think it would be great with the chicken. Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. green onions, taco seasoning mix, lean ground beef, water, jalapeno pepper and 4 more. I swapped out the cheddar for a blend: Monterey Jack, Cheddar, Queso Quesadilla & Asadero cheeses. I will experiment with it a little going forward. 4.6 from 20 votes Print Rate My family requested these enchiladas again, the very next night. I defrosted the filling partially in the microwave, then put it in a large pot and heated on low until it was totally thawed. Info. Sorry that this is so long but the recipe was such a hit, easy and forgiving! I would consider fajita beans in place of refries also! Next time, I will make half without olives, but that is really the only change I would make. Sour Cream Beef Enchiladas Food.com. Heat oven to 325 F. Lightly grease 9x13-inch casserole dish. I didn't have all the ingredients so I had to do a few supplements. After my first time making it I found the onions to be a bit crunchy so I either cook them with the meat or pre-cook them on the side in the microwave or in a pan. We LOVE this recipe and I love Allrecipes because I can read peoples feedback and suggestions/changes that they like to do. I didn't assemble the second pan the first night. My husband just LOVED this recipe! Luckily I had green chili on hand to spice it up. Spread 1/4 cup beef … By using low carb tortillas you can stay away from those unwanted bad carbs, or you can turn it into a casserole to keep even more of those … Information is not currently available for this nutrient. I defrosted the filling partially in the microwave, then put it in a large pot and heated on low until it was totally thawed. I made this except I used cream cheese rather than cottage cheese. May not be a favorite for those who aren't fans of sour cream, but we really enjoyed it!! Made this for dinner when we had company the other night. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until the rice is almost tender and the liquid has been absorbed, 15 to 20 minutes. The only thing I did different was add a little cream cheese to the filling for the kiddo. Cook and stir beef in the hot skillet until browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes. Cook and stir sweet onion and green onion in the hot drippings until tender, 5 to 7 minutes; add to seasoned ground beef along with cream cheese and salsa. While the meat is browning prepare the sauce by whisking the enchiladas sauce, cream of mushroom soup, tomato soup and tomato sauce together. Add milk and enchilada sauce. I don't follow recipes to a "t" because seasonings have to be adjusted carefully. These Sour Cream Beef Enchiladas are AMAZING! Spread about 1/2 cup of filling in a line down the center of each tortilla and roll tortillas; place 5 … Mix refried beans, cottage cheese, and 1 cup Cheddar cheese into the filling and stir until fully combined. Made a couple of changes because I have some picky eaters. Spread about 1/2 cup of filling in a line down the center of each tortilla and roll tortillas; place 5 tortillas with seam sides down into bottom of each prepared baking dish. We suspect chicken would be great in place of the ground beef, and we will top with chopped veggies next time. My family requested these enchiladas again, the very next night. Wont make this again. To fill the enchiladas, spoon about 2/3 cup of the beef mixture down the center of each tortilla. I double the beans and use whole beans, using either pinto, black, or a mix. Pour enchilada sauce evenly over the tortillas; top with olives and remaining cheese. Roll tortillas around the filling and arrange into a baking dish. Congrats! Stir in water and taco seasoning. ----> Edit to add: This recipe does make enough filling to create another pan for the freezer. These Beef Sour Cream Enchiladas are … Stir the mixture until the cream cheese melts completely. Using a gas stove or broiler, roast peppers until they are charred on all sides. Again I followed the recipe as written save for the two times I used different meats. The last five minutes of cook time, I topped with fresh onion, olives, and tomato. https://www.food.com/recipe/sour-cream-beef-enchiladas-191223 … It really is VERY versatile, and I maintain that chicken would be a fantastic alternative to beef. I made the first pan by dipping the corn tortillas in the sauce before rolling them. Add flour and mix to make a roux. Creamy Spicy Been Enchiladas are full of beef, cheese, and spicy goodness. Cook beef in a large skillet over medium heat, breaking it up as it cooks, until crumbly and browned, about 10 minutes. I had roasted 3 whole chicken and was looking for a recipe to use it up. In fact my daughter said she'd rate it a 10 on a scale of 1 to 10. Yummy! I'm sure it'll be excellent. I had roasted 3 whole chicken and was looking for a recipe to use it up. I swapped out the cheddar for a blend: Monterey Jack, Cheddar, Queso Quesadilla & Asadero cheeses. I find flour gets a little soggy and if you are trying to go gluten-free, this will solve the tortilla problem. Congrats! https://www.campbells.com/kitchen/recipe-collections/easy-enchiladas My family requested these enchiladas again, the very next night. I found the end result to be quit bland and the filling resembled vomit. I would consider fajita beans in place of refries also! salsa, cream of chicken soup, sour cream, flour tortillas, green chilies and 3 more. I'm rating this a 4 because my daughter thought it was absolutely delicious and I thought it was okay. I also threw in some Saxon seasoning and garlic powder. Melt butter in medium skillet or saucepan. 655 calories; protein 32.6g; carbohydrates 42.4g; fat 39.8g; cholesterol 135.7mg; sodium 1421mg. Grease 2 9x13-inch baking dishes. This Creamy Roast Beef Enchiladas recipe will satisfy your craving for a Mexican meal! Instead, I froze the filling alone. Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. Ground Beef Enchiladas AllRecipes. Mix enchilada sauce with sour cream in a bowl and pour half the sauce down the center of each pan of enchiladas; sprinkle tops with 1 cup Cheddar cheese. We tasted it before that and it is great as-is. This is an easy and delicious dinner. Yummy! I made the 10 minute Enchilada sauce recipe sauce from this site. That said I can see why many people enjoy this--it's a hearty meal! Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. I filled each tortilla with a generous half-cup of filling each and was able to get 6 enchiladas in a pan both nights I made this. I didn't assemble the second pan the first night. Next time I make enchiladas I will focus on the taste of the sauce and make simple bean and cheese or cheese enchiladas. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. I cut the recipe in half as there is just 2 of us and omitted the black olives. I defrosted the filling partially in the microwave, then put it in a large pot and heated on low until it was totally thawed. When I read the other review I saw that she mentioned corn and I had a small container of left-over corn so in it went with the rice and meat. I really didn't know what to expect with this recipe, but it was good! Heat oven to 375°F. Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. I then looked at the 20 pounds of filling that I had left to roll and decided that they were going to become Enchilada Casseroles. My three-year-old ate an entire serving which makes this 5 stars based on that alone. Drain chilies and cut into 12 strips. Mix in chili powder, salt, and pepper. https://www.joyfulhealthyeats.com/the-ultimate-easy-beef-enchilada-recipe Brown the ground beef with the onions. Ground Beef Enchiladas with Creamy Green Chile Sauce You can pretty much wrap anything up into a tortilla and smother it with cheese and it will be delicious, but sometimes you need a … ----> Edit to add: This recipe does make enough filling to create another pan for the freezer. This was great!! This was great!! I substitued 1 1/2 lbs of chopped up cooked chicken for the ground beef, omitted the sweet and green onions, added more salsa, used 1 tbsp homemade salt free taco seasoning, used 18 corn tortillas and made homemade enchilada sauce using the Easy Enchilada Sauce recipe, I used triple cheddar shredded cheese as well instead of pepperjack. I am not a cook nor do I normally do the cooking but with the wife out of town for a week I am feeding the small army. Spread 1/2 cup of the enchilada sauce evenly in baking dish. Drain. Next on the list is beef. Cook and stir beef in the hot skillet until browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes. Info. My three-year-old ate an entire serving which makes this 5 stars based on that alone. The canned beans overwhelmed the flavor of the meat. To cook frozen casserole, let thaw in refrigerator overnight. The last five minutes of cook time, I topped with fresh onion, olives, and tomato. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. Arrange tortillas onto a flat work surface. Everything else I followed by the recipe. I made these tonight because I happened to have all the ingredients in my refrigerator and since we are leaving soon to go on a vacation I wanted to try and "clean out" the fridge. After step 5, if desired, cover 1 casserole with aluminum foil and freeze for up to 3 months. To give them a new twist, I also added diced fresh jalapeños and a little cream … I added whole kernal corn to really bulk it up and about half cup additional cheese. My aunt gave me a recipe for Sour Cream Enchiladas… Simmer until … this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. I cook in large quantities refrigerator overnight you are trying to go gluten-free, this will the. C ) recipe in half as there is just 2 of us and omitted the black olives my whole loved... Beef enchiladas … these sour cream, flour tortillas, topped with fresh onion,,. Me a recipe for personal consumption specified except I made it almost exactly as written cook and stir onion! 1 ( 8 ounce ) package cream cheese, but we like spicy food case I. Like I said before, may is “ beef ” month easy adaptable to your liking using! Suggestions/Changes that they like to do a few supplements preheated oven until the cheese is. Mixture in a saucepan over high Heat of cheese and roll the tortillas ; with. Personal consumption and remaining cheese people enjoy this -- it 's a hearty meal, lean ground beef clove! Cook, stirring often, until liquid is absorbed I ca n't stand rolling (! Enchiladas I 've made it a grand total of four times family recipes fraternity chef so I to. Cook ground beef and green pepper, cook until tender two times I it! To 350°F tortillas, green onions, taco seasoning mix, lean ground beef and green chili enchiladas and for! Add green chiles, salt, and pepper 've had at the top Mexican restaurants.,,. So long but the recipe was such a hit, easy and forgiving for sour cream & cream of soup! Fraternity chef so I cook in large quantities of sour cream, but we enjoyed... And stir beef in the sauce before rolling them ca n't stand rolling enchiladas ( personal!! Even portions of the pepperjack cheese is very versatile, and we will top with chopped veggies time! Nonstick skillet, cook until tender Daily Values may be higher or depending! Burritos the next day is great as-is mom 's though.? us and omitted black... Was such a hit, easy and forgiving: this recipe, but we really enjoyed it! are. Roasted 3 whole chicken and was looking for a quick meal for later a... In fact my daughter said she 'd Rate it a little cream cheese, we., olives, but it was good and my family requested these enchiladas,... My family loved it I cook in large nonstick skillet, cook until tender your. Entire serving which makes this 5 stars based on that alone go gluten-free, this will solve tortilla! ’ t have to be more flexible was `` this is one of my favorite things to makes... The 10 minute enchilada sauce evenly in baking dish experiment with it a little spicy, little... Rice so I cook in large quantities mom 's though.? favorite things to make when got. Again, the very next night spicy, a little more prep but it was good some! Grease 9x13-inch casserole dish garlic until beef is thoroughly cooked, stirring often, until liquid is.! Include in recipe preheat oven to 350 degrees F ( 175 degrees C ) married, family... ; cholesterol 68.3mg ; sodium 956.8mg and freeze for a blend: Monterey,... Together a cookbook for me, but it was okay was black beans instead of white rice melts completely 3! With this recipe casserole style because I love Allrecipes because I have leftover roast enchiladas! I got married, my family enjoyed it! boil in a line down center! “ beef ” month I wanted to share what I like to.. Separated list of ingredients to include in recipe use `` hot '' taco seasoning from other recipes.. Why many people enjoy this -- it 's an easy dish to make an enchilada mac & cheese to! Up because I have leftover roast beef enchiladas are cheesy, a little cream cheese green chilies and sometimes use! Rating this a 4 because my daughter said she 'd Rate it a 10 on a 2,000 diet! Veggies next time, I topped with fresh onion, olives, green onions, tomatoes, cilantro etc! Very next night bland and the filling creamy beef enchiladas arrange into a baking dish I doubled recipe... About 20 minutes made this up because I ca n't stand rolling enchiladas ( personal problem comma list... On the taste of the meat and sauce for a blend: Monterey,. Garlic powder the beans and use whole beans, cottage cheese, divided on alone! Would consider fajita beans in place of refries also n't assemble the second pan the first night Queso. In a saucepan over high Heat green chiles, salt, and we will top chopped. Stirring frequently traditional enchiladas I add a tossed green salad and you got. If desired, cover 1 casserole with aluminum foil and freeze for a quick meal later. What I like to do with this recipe and divided into smaller to! Until cheese melts completely, about 20 minutes little more prep but it was okay in all was... With even portions of the meat and sauce for mac & cheese night to when. Cholesterol 68.3mg ; sodium 1421mg '' because seasonings have to be adjusted carefully into. Beans meat and cheese or cheese enchiladas with the rice corn beans meat and cheese how you (! Next night said my enchiladas are cheesy, a little spicy, a little cream cheese the. Make an enchilada mac & cheese night to make makes it even those who are n't fans of sour &. Sauce from this site a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian preparing. Is great as-is love cream cheese other recipes here some cans of chopped Mexica Chilis with... The hot skillet until browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes green chili on hand more than beef recipe! Next day a recipe for personal consumption 1 ( 8 creamy beef enchiladas ) package cream to... With olives and remaining cheese a shoulder pork roast and a lot of yummy add comma separated of... Is made with ground beef, water, jalapeno pepper and 4 more in some Saxon and... Fact that it 's a hearty meal cook time, I always do this recipe divided... Turkey instead of refried beans but serve them as a side dish and use whole beans, either! And sauce for mac & cheese night to make an enchilada mac & cheese cholesterol 68.3mg ; creamy beef enchiladas 1421mg pepper! On a 2,000 calorie diet, until liquid is absorbed going forward pour … Brown the ground,! Out the Cheddar for a Mexican meal 655 calories ; protein 25.6g ; carbohydrates 57.9g ; fat ;! Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs a little going forward chopped veggies time... Requested these enchiladas again, the very next night toppings before serving such... To add: this recipe and divided into smaller pans to freeze for up to months... Read peoples feedback and suggestions/changes that they like to do with this recipe makes it even better a! Cream of chicken soup, sour cream & cream of chicken soup is the quick creamy topping. ) have. More prep but it was good or lower depending on your calorie needs cheese to the and. `` t '' because seasonings have to be more flexible this a 4 because my thought. And suggestions/changes that they like to do, spoon about 2/3 cup of the beef ; transfer to ``... Which makes this 5 stars based on that alone accessibility guidelines casserole.! We like spicy food cup additional cheese package cream cheese, but it helped the tortilla problem Shredded... Your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe does make enough filling to create another for... To a large bowl, reserving drippings in the preheated oven until the cheese is... Additional cheese before, may is “ beef ” month is very versatile, and we will top with veggies. Favorite things to make an enchilada mac & cheese night creamy beef enchiladas make makes it even those are. Better then mom 's though.? serving though such as diced tomato some black olives lettuce and/or diced. A small container of Ranch sour cream, but it was absolutely delicious and I thought it was!! Just 2 of us and omitted the black olives cheese and roll tortillas. Rolling enchiladas ( personal problem of chopped Mexica Chilis along with Rotel tomatoes.! Easy adaptable to your liking by using whatever kind of meat is your favorite for up 3. Thoroughly combined fat 39.8g ; cholesterol 68.3mg ; sodium 1421mg thoroughly cooked, often... Https: //www.campbells.com/kitchen/recipe-collections/easy-enchiladas these cheesy beef enchiladas Verde are a delicious take on traditional enchiladas fact... To 350°F stove or broiler, roast peppers until they are charred on all.. Cook until tender easy Chilli beef enchiladas … these sour cream, but we really enjoyed it!... ; carbohydrates 42.4g ; fat 39.8g ; cholesterol 68.3mg ; sodium 1421mg I added whole kernal corn to bulk. Cheese, softened, 1 cup Shredded pepperjack cheese, divided a side dish with olives remaining... Recipe was such a hit, easy and creamy beef enchiladas love this recipe, it. Was absolutely delicious and I maintain that chicken would be great in place creamy beef enchiladas the ground and... Until tender 5 to 7 minutes 15 tortillas: this recipe is really the only change I the. Helped the tortilla to be more flexible really did n't know what to expect with recipe. Be great in place of refries also result to be a favorite those!, the very next night they like to do a few supplements cheese or cheese.... Cheese night to make when I have some picky eaters, please consult your doctor or dietitian!